National Renewables Project Manager (EV Chargers)
£75,000 - £85,000 per annum
My client, who are a national scale construction contractor are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager to fulfil the position of National Renewables Project Manager . The role will be to manage my clients growing EV charger project portfolio, while we are mainly based in the South East , however candidates on a national scale would be considered. Travel to my clients offices in Kent would be required on a weekly basis.
Key Purpose of the Role
Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing key senior customers, stakeholders and suppliers within the National Infrastructure Construction & Engineering (ICE) portfolio.
The role holder will be expected to actively seek new business opportunities, maintain and develop a pipeline, and secure contracts in line with company targets. This role will work closely as part of an existing team to provide an efficient national level of support.
- Direct the development of maintenance, construction, design and project works to meet key business objectives.
- Direct, organise and motivate the team so that work is undertaken safely, efficiently and to the relevant standards.
- Maintain effective assurance to control risks and enable maintenance, construction design and project work to be completed in a way which is compliant with standards, performance and business processes.
- Develop business opportunities by researching and identifying high value potential clients
- Secure adequate resources and funding to enable efficient & safe delivery of the portfolio.
- Direct the timely assignment of, and thereafter, discharge of, Construction Design Management (CDM) obligations for all projects in programme.
- Provide a leadership example in the application of the clients Management System and working to promote the continual improvement in business for our clients and employees.
- Control and check the quality of work undertaken and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
- Accurately report all work completed/not completed and produce/maintain records as required.
- Has delegated authorities within the limits and guidelines of the Delegated Authority Policy
- Contribute to your own development and that of others.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Respect the confidentiality of information received and adherence to GDPR.
- Take responsible care for the health and safety of yourself and other people who may be affected by what you do, or do not do at work.
- Use all equipment in accordance with your training and instruction and report to your Line Manager any defects in plant, equipment or premises that could present a risk to health and safety.
- This job description is subject to review and change as necessary.
- Proven experience in managing renewable energy projects and teams.
- Proven experience in the development and maintenance of successful client/supplier relationships.
- Experience in management and leadership with vision and ability to establish effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels to drive cultural and organisational performance.
- Experience in risk management tools and techniques.
- Good knowledge of health and safety management and compliance management processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills with high levels of customer focus.
- Ability to self-motive and self-manage
- Willingness to travel nationally and stay overnight when business needs require.
- Excellent knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of Electric Vehicle systems.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Essential – At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role and industry.
- Desirable – At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role and industry.